1950 - 1960 Changes on Island Home Campus
Changes on Island Home Campus
1950 - 1960
1951 – A Garage and storage building were added east of the laundry.
1953 – Chambers Field was dedicated by the Tennessee Association of the Deaf, during halftime ceremonies of the TSD-North Carolina FB game in October.
1954 – Chambers Field was relocated to its present location. The original field ran east-west. The new field runs north-south.
1955 – The Concession stand was built by Eugene Wait and helpers. It was dedicated in the name of Eugene Wait by the TSD Alumni Association in 1972. Storage and Rest Rooms were added in 1964 by the TSD Booster Club and the South Knoxville Optimist Club.