1924 - 1940 Changes On Island Home Campus
Changes on Island Home Campus
1926 - 1940
In the fall, of 1924, the Island Home Campus was built with 5 new buildings for the opening of school.
· The Main Building
· Cottage A for small girls
· Cottage B for older girls
· Cottage C for small boys
· Laundry and Central Heating Plant
In 1926, Cottage D was built for older boys’ who were previously sleeping in the attic of the Main Building. This allowed for increased enrollment, by adding classrooms, dormitory space, and enlarging the vocational department.
1928 – The Gymnasium was built with a two-lane bowling alley and downstairs was two twin swimming pools. One for the boys and one for the girls, it was completed in April 1928.