2023 Family Learning Weekend
When: June 2, 3, 4, 2023
Families can arrive / check-in:
• June 2, Friday 4:00 – 9:00 PM EST
• June 3, Saturday morning 7:00 – 8:00 AM EST
June 3 Saturday
• Family Centered presentations.
• Family social time
Families will depart:
• June 4, Sunday 10:00 AM EST
• Families with deaf, hard of hearing, deaf + or DeafBlind children birth to high school (17).
• Hearing siblings are welcome to attend.
• Pre-registration packets will be sent in April to families across the state. RSVP required.
• Each family will pay a registration for a family of four ($25.00 - $35.00) and $5.00 for every additional member of their family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, nephew, cousins, nanny’s, step-parents, etc.)
• Scholarships are available upon request.
What to expect:
• There are tracks for families with (0-5) (elementary) and (5- 12 grades).
• Families attend sessions on Saturday, enjoy meeting families from across the state, have a cookout and socialize, and there might be a relaxed family activity on Friday night after dinner. It will be optional.
• Childcare is provided for children – infants – 4 years. Summer camp activities are provided for school aged children.
• Sibshop is provided to hearing siblings (8 years to 13 years) – if they have disabilities, they must be interviewed by the program coordinator to determine if the program is appropriate. (https://siblingsupport.org/sibshops/)
• Everyone wishing to stay on the TSD campus in the residential halls will be accommodated.
There is no cost to stay on the campus. All meals are provided.
• Free T-Shirts for the immediate family.