The TSD Superintendent search committee has held three meetings to date in which the committee members received an overview of roles and responsibilities and timeline. In addition, the search committee received training and support from Innivee Strategies consultant Kathryn Canfield, SHRM-certified HR professional to prepare for the interview and selection process. Sara Miller and Latoya Miller had to leave their roles on the TSD Search committee due to personal reasons.
The TSD Superintendent application deadline was on Friday, May 14. We received many applications. We want to thank the community for your support and encouraging potential applicants to apply. The search committee met on Wednesday, March 27 and decided on which applicants to invite to interview. Now the search committee will interview candidates in June. After the interviews, the search committee will recommend candidates to become finalists to the TDOE Assistant Commissioner of state special schools, Josh Mason.
The TSD Superintendent finalists are scheduled to be announced around the end of June 2021. The plan at this time is to have the finalists flown to Knoxville in mid-July for the finalist community and school forums and search committee interview. The details about the finalist process will be available at a later date. We are on track to have our new Superintendent announced by early August. Please continue to monitor the TSD Superintendent Search webpage on the TSD website.
Contact the Innivee Strategies consultant, Shane Feldman, at email@example.com if you have any questions about the search process.
TSD Superintendent (Director of Schools) Search Committee
- Anna Austin, Tennessee Association of the Deaf Representative, Knoxville
- Bobby Cooper, Facilities Manager, Knoxville
- Briella Diaz, Deaf Mentor Coordinator, Knoxville
- Amy Ferrell, Parent, Nashville
- Caroline Gowin, Speech Language Pathologist, Nashville
- Meme Kerr, ASL Instruction Specialist, Knoxville
- Scotty Lee, Alumnus, Knoxville
- Veronica McDonald, Assistant Principal, Jackson
- Jessica McMahon, Principal, Knoxville
- Adam Montgomery, Parent, Knoxville
- Carmen Morales, Parent, Jackson
- Cheryl Shahan, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Brian Vogt, Student Life Supervisor, Knoxville
- Two TSD High School Students
December 18, 2020
- April - Focus groups and surveys
- May - Marketing & recruitment
- June - Interviews with Search Committee
- July - Finalist community forums
- August - Finalist interviews and hire